Start a new topic

Startup Issue

Andy, I have moved this to a clean thread.

"

Posting this here as requested by yourselves in response to feedback I left via Google Play Store. : 
Nothing has changed since I emailed you a few months ago (17th August). This app just doesn't work on my Moto G4 Plus / Android 7.0 / 32GB+64GB SD card. It launches, but as before, if you go to menu / Maps at Current Location the list of available maps appears on a 'greyed out' screen. No input is accepted and the only way to get out of that frozen screen is to list open apps and close it there. Incidentally the same also happens if you go to Manage Maps - the screen freezes. I have never been able to get past this, so my premium subscription is useless to me for mobile mapping. Fortunately I still have the original OMN Classic on the phone (with its downloaded 1:50K mapping) and that still works.

When I wrote to you in August I was seeking a refund but was persuaded to persevere in the hope that the issue would be resolved during the development process - any news on that?

"

Whilst you can write lots to us on Google, they only give us 350 characters to reply with. It does make having a conversation a kind of an art form.

First of all, I am sorry that this hasn't been looked at earlier, but as you can probably imagine we had a lot of balls in the air back in August.

At the moment, I am only aware of a few people who can't run up at all, and they are all on I believe 4.x versions of Android. This is something that is on my near term list to investigate.

However, I don't believe that applies to you - a) you are on Android 7, and b) you are getting the software to run up, just not functioning as it should be.

Could I please ask you to do the following initially:

1. It appears the software runs up, so please open up Settings->About and check you are running 0.53.

2. Open up Settings->Reset and hit the top button. OMN will close.

3. On restarting, you will need to login. It should then go through a full sync telling you what it is doing as it goes. Does it get as far as 'Sync Finished' ?

4. If it does reach Sync Finished, then it should start to populate a map onto the screen.

If you can let me know how that goes, and we can progress from there.

Many thanks,

Graham

Thanks Andy.  I've been away for a few days, but hoping to get back to this late in the week. The other Android issues appear to be clearing themselves up.

Graham

Hi Andy,

Sorry, we have been concentrating on map download and GPS on Android, which now appears to be coming to an end.  Nothing has changed in the recent betas regarding your issue, but can I just check that the latest beta 60 still shows these issues to you?

Many thanks,

Graham

Hello Graham, I've got beta 60 but still the same issues (app still freezes when either 'map' option is selected from main menu). Cheers, Andy

Many thanks for the quick reply.  Graham

Hi Andy,

Beta 61 went live today.

My colleague is pretty confident he has fixed the 'Maps at Current Location'

He is not quite so sure about the Manage Maps screen, but as we can't reproduce the issue here, its a little tricky.

If you could let us know if these screens now work or not, that would be great.

Many thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham,

Progress! Exactly as you said, "Maps At Current Location" now works - the expected list of available mapping appears and all options are selectable, no freezing, but Manage Maps seems unchanged (still freezes and locks up the app)

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

beta 62 is rolling out at the moment:

https://support.anquet.com/discussions/topics/13000019139

We hope this will fix this issue for you.

My colleague has also asked if you check out 

1. Menu->Settings->Managers->Icon Manager

2. Menu->GPX Manager->Sync

As both of these also needed some tinkering.

Many thanks,

Graham

1 person likes this

Hi Graham,

Great! Manage Maps now seems to work - no screen freeze anyway, and I can see my maps and have downloaded one from there.

The other two options (above) both freeze the app. with a 'dull' screen like the maps screens previously had.

Progress anyway, thanks.

Andy

Thanks Andy.  And Beta 63 is now up, if you could give that a try please:

https://support.anquet.com/discussions/topics/13000019153

Many thanks,

Graham

Thanks Graham,

re.

1. Menu->Settings->Managers->Icon Manager

2. Menu->GPX Manager->Sync

Just got in and can confirm that both options no longer result in app 'freeze' :)

Haven't explored methodically beyond that point, but had quick poke around and all seems good.

Kind regards, Andy

Many thanks Andy,

I will mark this one as resolved for now, but do let me know if you hit any further issues. 

Thanks for the help with this one.

Graham

Thanks Graham, glad I could help. I don't know if you recall but I wrote to you 17/8/2017 Subject : "Frustration and more frustration!" I can reply directly via that email exchange if it helps, but at the time I was about to abandon ship and you said "once you have the software at the point you see as working as as you were in OMN Classic then let me know and I will extend that by one year." Although the finished Android app isn't officially released I am now able to use it at last so would be happy to restart the subs-clock from now.
Kind regards,
Andy

Many thanks Andy,  I have asked David in support to update that and let you know when its done.

Graham

Great, thank you Graham. All the best,
Andy

Login to post a comment