Start a new topic

Download Verify Issues

Hi George, 

I've moved this here so we can discuss it off the main thread:

"

Graham,

The day after last feedback I noticed all maps were showing ‘Installed’. I’ve just kicked off a new verify: Central England & Central  Scotland changed to installed after a few minutes, however Eastern England  now showing Verifying (5113/5116) – 99%, North East Scotland Verifying (6478/6480) – 99%, North West Scotland Verifying (6770/6772) – 99% -  Northern England  verifying (5834/5836) 99%  Scotish Lowlands & boarders  Verifying (5479/5496) – 99%  other still running. 

Regards

George

"

Can we concentrate just on the Eastern England map. 

1. I presume that is in the 'GB 25k HD Subscription' ?
  2. Can you confirm, you are running 0.64 from settings->about
  3. Can you open up Menu->Manage Maps and hit Sync
  4. Open Settings->Re-index and run that please
  5. Close OMN, and re-open it
  6. Open up My Maps - is the Eastern England map showing as 'Installed'
  7. If it is, please hit 'Verify' on just that map. Does it complete?

Many thanks,

Graham

Back key good. I did get an OMN App not responding message at one point but a wait response  recovered it okay. I see my 25k maps have a few stickers too - one, HT, has a count 32/32 -  100%  but still showing Verifying.
George

Hi George,

Beta 71 is now on HockeyApp with the bit of removed code back in, if you could give that a try.

Glad the back key is now resolved :-)

Graham

Hello Graham,
0.71 running 50k now. I have seen one crash report though, which i hope you have,  but app still running.  I  see clicking the veriying message in the notification area takes you to the last screen viewed in the app and not the manage maps screen that would make more sense,  Sorry to report that I do have 4 stuck, 5 installed and last in progress. Phone is more laggy than it was previously I notice.
George

Hi George,

The 4 stuck will have had un-finished tiles. They are popped on the end of the list, so they will stay 'stuck' until the last one finished. When the final one finished, did the rest then all refresh ok?

I'm aware of it not heading to the download page, but that's fairly low on my list currently.

Many thanks,

Graham

Hello Graham,

The 50k stuck ones were still there when the job moved on to the 25k maps. There were some stuck there too but the phone got increasingly  slow as the job progressed  I chose close app when the unresponsive app message appeared  All maps are showing as installed now since restarting the app.

Let me know if you want any specific action doing now. Is it a case that the code  needs to stop the job moving to another map set before the one in pprogress has finshed correctly?

regards

George

Hi George,

It doesn't actually think in terms of products, but just a list of maps and map data. If you could restart it, and run it on 50k HD, hopefully that will run through.  It's doing a lot. If that's too sets of HD maps, then its working through approximately 35GB of map data. All those checks are certainly going to push any hardware.

Graham

Hello Graham,
Fair enough. I've started it again on 50K HD. The phone got  most unresponsive straightway  whilst doing  Central England, I almost abandoned it then but pressed  'wait'  on a couple of occasions. It seems to have settled now. I will report back soon.
George

Hi George,

Possibly I have misunderstood - it shouldn't get to the Android Wait screen....

hmm.

Graham

Hello Graham, It completed fine! No more wobbles after those already mentioned. I didn't get any stuck maps this time though. I'll kick off the 25k HD now. George
And, the 25k HD also finished okay! Three stuck maps completed at the end. Result.

Thanks George.

Graham

Login to post a comment